11/7/08

Fiesta Chicken Casserole

Imported from "You Can Do It!" blog:

I made this Casserole for dinner on Sunday and we really enjoyed it. The recipe calls for refrigerated pie crust, but I made my own. It makes a generous 8 serving casserole that would be good for potlucks. Let me know what you think!

Fiesta Chicken CasseroleFrom: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep 15 minutes Bake 40 minutes Serves: 8

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (15 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
1 jar (16 oz) Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa (I used mild, but may use medium next time)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (regular or low fat)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 pkg. (24 oz) frozen whole kernal corn
2 cans (9.75 oz each)Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water drained (I grilled my own on my table top grill-the chicken was on sale! I used two breasts totaling about a pound)
1 can (about 15 oz)black beans, drained and rinsed

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 400* F. Bring pie crust to room temperature.
MIX salsa, soup, sour cream, cheese, corn, chicken and beans in large bowl. Spoon into ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
PLACE crusts on floured surface, overlapping about 3" in the center. Press seam to seal. Roll into 14x10 inch rectangle. Trim excess crust. Place crust over chicken mixture and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
BAKE for 40-45 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.

No comments: